Some things have been announced recently that are related to Microsoft, so I thought I’d lump them in one post (and this blog is about developing/programming educational technology, so obviously Microsoft is going to come up now and again, especially when it involves free stuff like below🙂
- Microsoft released a free ebook for learning to use Visual Basic 2005 (express edition).
- If you are using Visual Studio 2005, be aware that a security update was recently released.
- The 1.0 version of Microsoft Robotics Studio was released. Some of the announced features of this free software kit include:
- A visual programming language that enables nonprogrammers to easily program robots using a drag-and-drop environment.
- A 3-D tool that simulates robotics applications in physics-based virtual environments.
- Compatibility with other robot and electronic kits such as Lego Mindstorms, Phidgets, and many others.
- As linked to earlier, Bill Gates wrote an article in the January 2007 issue of Scientific American about robots.
- Oh yeah, and Microsoft has apparently patented RSS.